Our firm has significant experience handling disputes arising from the procurement process involving municipal and federal authorities, including proceedings before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.
The law in this area is continuously evolving. Our lawyers keep up to date on:
- the difference between a request for proposal and a call for tenders and the impact on the obligations of tendering authorities/owners
- the limits of a privilege clause
- what constitutes unfair advantage
- the interpretation of exclusion clauses in bid documents
- the valuation of damages (loss of opportunity claims)
If you believe that you, or your client, may have been treated unfairly in a procurement process, we would be pleased to discuss your options. These may include a claim for the loss of the opportunity to be fairly considered for the project, to have your bid or proposal accepted, and to complete the work and earn a profit.